Regular cost functions
Regular cost functions form a quantitavive extensions to the notion of regularity which preserves several good properties of regular languages.
- An introduction to distance automata and regular cost functions given in Oxford for GAMES (20-23/09/2010) [swf].
- A talk on regular cost functions over trees given at LICS 2010 (11/07/2010, Edinburgh) [swf].
- A talk, in french, on regular cost functions over trees, with a focus on Games, given in the `Journées Nationales du GDR Informatique Mathématique' [pdf] (22/01/2010).
- The talk introducing regular cost functions over words given at ICALP 2009 (06/07/2009, Rhodos)[pdf].
- A talk on MSOB (monadic second order logic with bounds), given at LICS06 [pdf,ps], and a longer variant given in Perugia and liafa [pdf,ps].
These works concern extensions of the theorem of forest factorization due to Imre Simon. This theorem has algebraic consequences, as well as applications in logics and formal language theory.
- A talk on factorization forests given for the Workshop in honor of Bruno Courcelle, 18-20 June 2012 in Bordeaux [swf].
- A talk on deterministic factorization forests given in ICALP07 and in Dagstuhl (11.07) [pdf,ps].
- The talk on factorization forests given for FCT07 [pdf,ps].
- An introduction to factorization forests (in french) given in Rennes [pdf,ps].
- A proof of lower bound on the determinization of Büchi automata, given in Liafa [pdf] (02/04/2010). This is a long version of the talk given for ICALP 2009 (drawings due to Konrad Zdanowski).
- A survey talk on pebble automata given in Rennes (in french) [pdf,ps] (the informations are not up to date anymore).
- Positional determinacy over finite arenas -- some steps toward -- [pdf,ps].
- A talk on (finite) set interpretations given in Szeged [pdf,ps].