The ha-index is a new revolutionary index to measure the impact
of a researcher.
It is computed by taking her (his) height in centimeters and substracting 100.
For women, 12 is added to the obtained value.
- An ha-index between 80 and 85 is considered to be excellent.
- An ha-index higher than 85 is too good.
- An ha-index lower than 70 needs to be improved.
The main advantages of the ha-index over other indices:
- very easy to compute (compared with others described for example here)
- gives much better estimates of a researchers impact than others
- in a research group this parameter clearly indicates the visibility
of the researcher. The higher your index the more you stand out of the crowd.
- chinese research will have troubles to catch up
- confuses american and maybe british researchers not used to centimeters
- allows to detect excellence quit early in life (thanks Benoit Marx)
- Seen on Quora
- To not be confused with the hA-index which is much less useful.
- Some estimates of ha-indices
- Corona V.: -99,9999999 (very roughly)
- Didier R.: no idea (h-index 178 (!, going up every day) according to Google Scholar)
- Ike Antkare: -100
- Alexander Boris de Pfeffel J.: 75 (only)
- Wilfred Lawrie Nicholas J.: -45 (estimate, going up almost every week)
- Priti P.: 64 (watch here how to improve your ha-index)
- Nigel F.: 73 (Sorry, not excellent !)
- Vladimir P.: 69 or 70 (only he knows exactly)
- Barack O.: 85
- Emmanuel M.: 73
- Donald T.: 89 (really ?)
- Ivanka T.: 92 (really ?)
- Mike B.: 73 (according to Donald T.)
- Abraham L.: 93
- Angela M.: 85
- Marine L.P.: 86
- Nicolas S.: 68 (watch here and here how to improve you ha-index)
- François H.: 74
- Dominique de V.: 93
- Tomas Vojnar: 83
- Thomas Colcombet: 92
- Olivier Serre: 90
- Mihaela Sighireanu: 81
- Tayssir Touili: 87
- Carsten Kern: 102 (Are you better than that ?)
- Roland Meyer: 81
If you TOO want to refer to YOUR ha-index, please link to this page.
- Check out Twitter for amazing feedback about the ha-index
- The ha-index is used already by a lot (last year alone the number of people
using the ha-index has increased by a staggering 50% !)
of famous people.
Here are a few:
- Rodrigo Berriel
- Vince Barany
- Morgane Cure
- Normann Decker
- Nathanael Fijalkov
- Felix Freiling (?)
- Holger Hermanns
- Jan Kretinsky
- Tomas Vojnar